Monday, December 6

Wounded Knee Update

I had a great time--in every sense of that phrase--at the St. Jude Marathon and Half Marathon this past weekend. Karen and I stayed right across the street from the beautiful AutoZone Baseball Park in downtown Memphis where the race started and finished. So, we were able to soak up the atmosphere of the event for two full days, meet runners from all over the country, and visit with some of the patients and families at St. Jude Hospital. It was great. Thanks to all who prayed for me, encouraged me, and supported me in my effort to raise funds for children's cancer research and treatment. My feet, my ankles, and of course my knees are still a little sore, but I am already planning my next one! We've posted a few of the photos Karen took at the finish line in the Picture This section of this blog--so, you can see the scene for yourself!

Though this run is over, it is still possible to give to the remarkable work of St. Jude Children's Hospital. You can even pledge online!

No comments: