Saturday, June 18

RC-Moon Pie 10-Miler

At the Finish Line
At the Finish Line,
originally uploaded by Gileskirk.
The weather was perfect. A record field turned out. And one of the most beautiful settings anywhere provided all the inspiration any of us could have ever asked for. Thus, this morning I ran--with nearly a thousand other intrepid souls--in the tenth annual RC Cola-Moon Pie 10-Mile Run.

Coinciding with Bell Buckle, Tennessee's famous summer festival, this is one of the best-run, most fun road races I have ever had the opportunity to participate in. Alas, due to my travel and speaking schedule I had been unable to train since the Country Music Marathon at the end of April so I was not really ready for the stresses of a long race like this--to say nothing of the infamous hill at mile four. So, I just took my time and enjoyed myself.

And enjoy myself I did. What a blast! I've already reserved a B&B for next year so that Karen and I can do it again!