Monday, December 18

Federal Vision Investigation

The Standing Judicial Committee of the Presbyterian Church in America is currently taking up the issue of the so-called "Federal Vision" theology and its proponants. Though no charges have as yet been brought against him, as a part of this process, Pastor Steve Wilkins of Auburn Avenue Presbyterian Church was examined by his presbytery on December 9. An audio recording of the exam is now available on the church's web site. Having these transcripts should go a long way toward helping all of us sort through these very difficult, divisive issues.

2 comments:

Doug Elliott said...

I am curious about your views of the Federal Vision. Thanks!

gileskirk said...

Doug: As you may have gathered, I have very dear friends on both sides of this controversy. Thus, I have determinedly managed to stay out of the uglier aspects of the fray--but that is not because of any lack of clarity regarding my own views (I am unreservedly and publicly Westminsterian). Like so many others though, I am nearly as disturbed by the tenor of the debate as by the issues the debate has raised.