Tuesday, May 8

New HEM Music

Liberty Mutual has begun airing a new television ad in their "Why Responsibility?" campaign. As in their previous award-winning spots in the series, the new ad features a soundtrack performed by the phenom Americana ensemble, HEM. If you've never listened to HEM before, you are in for an extraordinary treat. The song in this latest ad, "The Part Where You Let Go," will be included on Home Again, Home Again, a soon-to-be-released, much-anticipated EP. You can view and hear three different versions of the ad's pass-it-on morality tale on the Liberty Mutual site--or, of course, on TV.

6 comments:

Dr. Knox said...

HEM's music is stunning. I will be looking forward to the latest project. Will it be available on UK iTunes, do you know?

gileskirk said...

Dr. Knox: All the previous LP and EP projects HEM has released are available on iTunes, so I would imagine that this latest one would be as well.

Ryan Smith said...

Love the new song. Have you seen them live yet? They're phenomenal. If you go to archive.org, you can download full shows.

gileskirk said...

Ryan: No, I've not yet seen them live. But, I really, really want to before long. I am always rather stunned when I hear recordings of their shows; when a band is as sonicly complex and nuanced as HEM, you naturally expect that the live performance will not be able to live up to the studio work. But, not so with these guys.

By the way, I am waiting on pins and needles for your project. When is it due out now? March has come and gone!

Ryan Smith said...

I know, I know, I know. We are working hard to finish it. Trust me - I want it to be done as much as you do! Hopefully this month.

Lawrence Underwood said...

HEM is fantastic. I wouldn't have their wonderful music if it weren't for this blog. Thanks again!