Monday, April 23

Country Music Marathon

Just five days to go before the Country Music Marathon is staged once again here in Nashville. I have trained for months for this, I am feeling strong and healthy, and have almost no injury worries. In addition, I actually have a team of students and church members to run with over the scenic 26.2 mile course from Vanderbilt University, through Music Row, along the Cumberland River, into East Nashville, and finally through the Shelby Bottoms to the downtown Titans Stadium. I can hardly wait. This year I am running in an effort to raise much needed funds for new fresh water wells in the desperately poor Darfur region of Sudan. If you would like to follow my progress, check out my training blog site. To contribute to the Darfur relief effort, send your offerings, gifts, or pledges to our King's Meadow office.

1 comment:

Diane V. said...

"Run in such a way as to win!" 1Corinthians 9:24 Our prayers will "run" with you!